18 August, 2014

Clackamas County Fair - Part 2



Part 2 - or Where I Reveal The Real Theme....

Upstairs in Hobby Hall was about a zillion AIRPLANES!

From RC models to really cool art entries.



 Good to see kids still make model airplanes.



 Added this year were several hands-on activities: Hammer up a tool box with adult help - all kids welcome.
The other activity I observed was Tole Painting at the opposite end of the hall.


The reality of hobby hall  is that less and less people are entering their fabulous creations.
Our county fairs - part of rural America - are becoming a thing of the past.
I was happy to see the interactive activities.



 RC model of - guess what??? A Stearman Biplane. 
Who do we know that owns a real one????


 Nice photo of a P-51 Mustang (WWII fighter plane)

 Photo of the back end of a V-tailed Bonanza airplane.


 Several VW bugs & vans made their appearance. I had hoped to finish my VW Van Bag in time to enter it but it wasn't to be.


 Kids can enter their 'collections'.


The RC airplanes were provided by the Dusters RC Club from Molalla.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing the fair craft area.. we are likely going to the State Fair on Friday and I want to go to the craft barn first as I've missed it the last several times as we burned out before we got there. LOL! Come over to my blog and see my new bunting with YOUR bells on it! Thanks again, Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...your VW bug bag would have won a blue ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great day out! Thanks for taking us with you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.