19 April, 2015

Sunday Sewing

Some Sunday sewing.


I pulled some of my Japanese fabrics to make a tote bag with some kimono accents.
I was looking for a coordinating neutral and I found this batik with japanese characters. Or is this chinese?
I do know this fabric is not from japan.


The fabrics sewed themselves into a simple hip bag with a slip pocket inside as well as outside.

This bag measures 7 1/2" x 8". On the small side.

I sewed the lining longer than the outside and ironed it down to sew, creating an accent at the top.

I've been in a funk since I got back from my trip.  Dealing with postal drama that keeps going 'round and 'round inside my head. Tired from a very intense trip that taxed my auto-immune.

I'm trying to make sense of a lot of things in my life.

Friday prompted a turnaround in my mindset.
My postal mgmt is in the quandary of not being able to nail me to the wall on any of their far-fetched accusations. My auto-immune is *there* and I need to continue to be mindful of it.

These things won't change and I need to live my life and not fret at stumbling blocks.


Sewing helps.

I weeded for an hour this morning too.
Then I planted a bunch of spring greens.
Beets, chard, bok choi, lettuces, kale.

Good stuff.


4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've got problems, is that at work? Boo. Gorgeous little bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like Chinese to me. Someone is sure to snatch it up quick if you list it in your Etsy shop. Very nice!
    I'm also sorry to hear you are dealing with work and health problems. Those 20,000 step days did me in, too. My foot is acting up again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tote bag. I'm sorry things are in a jumble at the moment. Sending good wishes you way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bag. Sorry about work politics.. I can totally relate. Maybe it's time to find a different job? I hope your health smooths out. I just got back from New Orleans and I came home with a cold and I fell coming out of the hotel to go to the airport and have a messed up shoulder and a very sore body. So, I can relate. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.