03 July, 2015

Happy 4th of July




Is this not the best hairstyle ever?


Had to take this photo. His mom did the dye job.





 
I  stopped at the store  on the way home from work to pick up some 4th of July goodies. There's a fountain at the stop sign back by the movie theater.
With a hawk on top of it.


The fountain is drilled so water seeps over the front of the big rock.
I rolled down the window (air-conditioning on - HOT) to take some photos.

I didn't manage to capture it but this hawk was playing.

He rode the water down over the edge of the rock, then he would flap his wings to "climb the escalator" back up. He did it once more.
See that slope in front with the dedication words? He was skateboarding!

Then I must have scared him. He flew off.
Too funny!


 

 




I have TWO DAYS off in a row and it's too hot to do much. I usually take in the parade (at 2pm). This year, Benjamin Franklin will speak at Wait Park (11:30) and of course, there is the library book sale (big score last year). Three hours in the sun (95') - I don't have a good feeling about this.

I'm thinking I will stay home, put the fan on, and sew. Maybe take a nap in the afternoon before the neighborhood 4th of July party. And those lawn tractor races, along with the home brew contest. Not to mention the city sparklers going off just a half-mile away.

 It's a full moon too.



3 comments:

  1. I kinda want to do that to my hair. LOL! What an amazing capture of the hawk playing in the water fountain! Loved that.

    -:¦:-·:*'""*:·.-:¦:-·* HAPPY 4th of JULY! *·-:¦:-·:*'''''*:·-:¦:-


    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always see hawks around here all lordly, on the hunt with their eagle eyes intensely looking for prey.

    It was a treat to see that they play in the water like other birds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair, and I love the hawk!!!! We've had the hottest July day on record, thank goodness I finally got my air con fixed! I only have it in the car though, not the house, and am really suffering at night!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. My heart goes pitter-patter every time there is a new one.